Friday, April 30, 2010

Back in the Saddle + Month in Review!

So, after 2 weeks of just swimming, I am finally not feeling any hip pain! So today I decided to try for a bike ride. I went 6 miles in 30 minutes and had no pain!!! If anything it loosed things up and feels better! Tomorrow I am going to run a really slow mile and see how I feel after. If I have no pain, I will create a new schedule for me to follow to build back up to my regular mileage. Luckily, I have swimming and biking to keep me working out!!

April in Review:

Ran 37 miles in 339.5 minutes (9:10 average)
Biked 37.95 miles in 182 minutes (4:48 average)
Swam 7.5625 miles or 12.1KM in 297 minutes
Spinning: 2 classes/120 minutes

Clearly my running suffered, but that's to be expected since I had to take half the month off and was recovering from a half marathon the first half! But I'm super happy with my swimming progress and feel confident that I am going to be fine with the sprint tri in July! Good news!!

Goals for May:
  • Stay healthy and build my mileage back to where it was, sensibly and slowly!
  • Continue to work on biking, which is now my weak point in tri training!
  • Run on my Wedding Day!
  • Get married and have a fantastic time on the honeymoon (and get some runs and open water swims in!!)

Hope everyone else had a fabulous April and have great goals for May!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment