Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mile-stone

I did it! I swam a whole mile today! It did take me 37 minutes, but I'm not complaining! :)

While I've been sidelined with this hip pain, I haven't been able to run or bike, so I've been hitting the pool more! The first few swims I had were pretty terrible. I had trouble breathing and couldn't swim more than half a lap without stopping for a breather. Now, just over 3 weeks and 4 miles in the pool later, I am more confident in my breathing technique and I swam 150 meters without stopping today! Granted, after that I was breathing heavy for a few moments, but I recovered pretty quickly and kept going! I am consistently swimming 100 meters without stopping too. I'm really amazed at how easily my running fitness translated into the pool. I thought it would be much harder to get into it!

As for my hip pain, it hasn't really been feeling much better. I went to the chiro for the second time today and got adjusted. I came home and iced it twice before hitting the pool. Now, it's feeling pretty good!! *knock on wood* Hopefully that is good news! If not, I will be going to the nearest sports doc in a few days. I want this gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment