Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hip Pain

Well, maybe I shouldn't have aimed SO high! Ugh.

On Thursday, as I got up from my desk at work to use the bathroom, I felt pain in my hip. Each step was really painful. I found a spot that I could push on my bone and feel sharp pain. This scared the heck out of me! I went to my chiropractor on Friday and she said my hip was locked up and adjusted it. She also told me to not get ahead of myself when I said I hope it's not a stress fracture! Now, 3 days after the pain started, I don't feel it while I'm moving, but I can still press on that spot on the bone and feel pain. I haven't tried running or biking, but swimming doesn't hurt.

This is what I was able to accomplish of the first week of my tri training:

M: 6 miles (in 56 min) and spinning
T: 30 min/1100m swim
W: 5 miles w/ 5X800 (3:50, 3:50, 3:46, 3:49, 3:46) and 35 min/7.33 mile bike ride
Th: Scheduled Rest Day (SRD)
F: Unscheduled Rest Day (USRD)
Sa: 25 min/1000m swim
Su: USRD

Dissapointing, but obviously I had to give myself some rest! Tomorrow I'm going to try for a bike ride and see if that bothers the hip. If not, I'll alternate swimming and biking this week and hope that a run next Monday works! I will definitely miss running though!

No comments:

Post a Comment