Monday, May 10, 2010

Pain Free Run!

After over 3 weeks off of running, I'm back! I went for a mile "test" run on Friday to see how I felt and though I had some twinges, it was mostly pain free, so I decided to start a building plan today. For the next 2 weeks, I'm going to run for 20 minutes/2 miles every other day. Then I will increase that to 30-40 min (3-4 mile) runs for another week. I will continue building from there.

So I went out for my first 20 minute run today and finished feeling really good! I definitely lost a little bit of fitness since I've mostly just been able to swim and biked only a few times. But not too bad for 3 weeks off.

I'm really hoping to be able to build my mileage slowly, but quickly enough to begin marathon training on June 21st. This gives me 6 weeks to get my mileage up. I hope I can do it but if not, I can always find a later marathon, or wait until next spring. I hope I don't have to though as after I ran in the Hartford Marathon Relay 1.5 years ago, I decided to try for the half marathon the next year (which I did) and the full the year after that (this year). It would be so cool if I reached that goal!!

Mostly, I'm just really excited to be back on the road! I have so missed the stress relief as we are in the home stretch of wedding planning! Tonight we got our marriage license, which makes it seem all the more "real" that I will be a married woman in 12 days! I am also excited to be back on the roads so I can get some runs in on the beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico! So excited!!! :)

Anyways, I'm officially back on my sprint tri plan and although the running has been cut back, it's still pretty full:

M: 20 min run (check!)
T: 30 min swim, BodyPump
W: 20 min run, 30 min bike
Th: Rest
F: 20 min run, 25 min swim
Sa: 45 min bike
Su: 20 min run

We'll see if I can get it all in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment