Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Taper Madness!

The past 2 weeks have been rough running. Last week I only ran 14.2 miles because I was having some knee pain and my half was only 2 weeks away. This week is taper week, so I only have 11 miles before the half Sunday.

On Saturday I ran a 10K, slowly. After that, the outside of my knees were killing me and I found out that was my IT band. So I went and got a foam roller and have been using that religiously since! Must not have pain on race day!

I ran 3 miles yesterday after 2 days off and my legs were actually sore after 3 miles! I thought it was insane! Especially since I took them so easy. Today I ran another 3 miles and ran a bit faster and I'm not feeling sore now, but we'll see how I feel in the morning!

I feel like all of this is related: Taper Madness. I'm paranoid that the few miles I'm running is not enough and I'm going to run horribly on Sunday. I'm paranoid that I'm hurt/will get hurt and therefore EVERYTHING is hurting!

I guess the only thing I can do is CALM DOWN and hope that everything works out! I did my training. I ran most of my long runs. Clearly, I put wayy too much pressure on myself!!

4 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment