Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pump it up!

Tuesday and Thursdays are my strength training days. I usually run a mile or 2, do a boring machine routine for about 45 min, and run another mile or 2. I am SO bored with this. So much so that I didn't even go to the gym Tuesday because I dreaded it (and because I was being a lazy arse).

The solution? BODYPUMP! I was super nervous to try something new (as I always am...) but it was so fun! And a greattt workout! I felt like a wimp with such small weights I was using, but was told that I didn't want to overdo it my first time, or I'd never come back!! I definitely had some issues with the pushups and the plank, but I can't wait to keep improving and get stronger!

I just have to say that I love my gym. Everyone is SO welcoming and nice. The teacher has the woman next to me "coach" me through everything and give me some tips before we started each part. That helps so much!

I'm VERY excited because every T/Th there is a BodyPump class from 5:30-6:30, which just happens to be when I'm at the gym on those days! Woohooo!


In other news, I'm supposed to be running a 5K on Saturday. It should be interesting because it hasn't stopped snowing/sleeting/raining here since Tuesday morning! I went to the store after the gym and there are huge puddles everywhere! We are under a flood warning. So we'll see if it stops in time for the 5K! The website says they have never cancelled a race, so it will be me being a wimp if I don't end up running it! lol Come onnnn weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment