Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My First Post!

Well, here I go! I'm not much of a writer, but figured why not give this a try!

Let's see, a little intro: I am 23, living in MA with my soon to be husband. We will be married on May 22, and I can't wait! I am a runner, training for my 2nd half marathon on March 28th! I plan to be a marathoner by the end of the year, but I'm trying not to jinx it! I am a financial consultant, but I'm not too thrilled about it. I'm searching for what I really want to be when I grow up!

I mainly plan for this blog to focus on running. But who knows where it will take me!

I have been running since high school. At first it was because I wanted to do a sport in the spring, but softball wasn't my thing, tennis required too much hand-eye coordination and the only other option was Track. Ok, let's try that one out! Well, I tried to join the sprinters, that didn't work out too well. I came in last. I figured ok well maybe I can run longer than anyone else! Seemed to work ok, definitely was the fastest at the 32oo on my team, out of the 2 girls running distance! lol

I never really LOVED running though. I did it because it was something to keep me busy after school and active/in shape for soccer. It wasn't until years later, after high school and college, and taking some time off running, that I literally fell in love with running. I remember back in high school complaining about the 3.7 mile run we had to do several times a week, and that 7 mile run our coach once made us do! Now, when I run 3 miles, I think "That's it? Can't I keep going?" It's amazing how perspective changes when you aren't "forced" to do something!

I love running because it gives me a goal, something to strive for. And when I obtain that goal, I can reach for another, be it a new distance, a new speed, etc. I love the numbers, watching the times drop, analyzing pace, watching the mileage rack up. That probably comes from my inner Math dork - I do have a Math degree! Most of all, I love running for the freedom it makes me feel. Going out for a run is a wonderful stress reliever! There is nothing like coming home from a stressful day at work and letting your mind escape on a run, think about whatever comes to mind, if anything at all!

Ok, that's it for now! Hope I didn't bore everyone away :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogisphere, S! I'm looking forward to your in depth posts on running. I love that you're a mathlete too. Best of luck training for your half and happy wedding planning!

    xoxo,
    AM/*B l u*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AM!! :) I'm glad SOMEONE will read this thing! lol

    ReplyDelete